CMA CGM eSolutions will enable customers to experience a 100 per cent digital experience when transporting goods. The Group’s clients will have access to all their shipping needs with a single click, providing simple and transparent operations.
New features are currently available at regional or global level and will be gradually rolled out on the different platforms of the Group's brands, including:
- ePricing: customer’s real time access to his/her rates and instant spot quotation
- eBooking: booking recast (5 steps to 1 step) for a simplified, more intuitive and autocomplete booking
- eBill of Lading: fully digital Bill of Lading
- eTracking: visualization of customer’s cargo position at sea on a map with updated time of arrival
- ePayment: freight invoice online payment
- eCharges: live cost estimation including a D&D simulator
More features will be launched in the coming months to further improve customer experience with CMA CGM and its subsidiaries, including:
- An offering of value-added services such as insurance products
- New features on mobile application
- Enhancements and constant updating of existing features
- Priority boarding now offered as part of the CMA CGM eSolutions ecosystem
As part of its eSolutions, CMA CGM will also offer priority boarding to its customers using its digital platform, allowing them to secure space onboard. First offered by CMA CGM from India to Europe, priority boarding will be gradually offered to other countries and carriers within the CMA CGM Group.
With a secured space onboard for their container, customers will be able to plan more efficiently their supply chain, enhancing their business and efficiency towards their own customers.
Rodolphe Saadé, chairman and chief executive officer of the CMA CGM Group, has defined digitisation as a key strategic priority for the Group’s development.
Today, the Group’s digital strategy relies on:
- The Group’s internal expertise to develop innovations
- Partnerships with other leading Groups and start-ups on key fields: Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things
- CMA CGM Ventures, a corporate venture structure dedicated to investing in innovative technologies. It has already invested in 15 start-ups worldwide (Nyshex, Traxens or Edray)
- ZEBOX, an international start-up incubator and accelerator initiated by the CMA CGM Group and located in Marseilles, which will house 30 start-ups by the end of 2019